Wednesday, March 26, 2008

They have arrived!!!

"What has arrived?" You might ask! Well..the day I dreaded has truly arrived! The day I would find my first batch of lice. Yes...Yes...it is a bit discusting but terribly true and that which I cannot deny!! I HAVE LICE! YUCK! Today during our prayer meeting, I scratched my head and felt something so I pulled it out and there was that nasty little creepy crawly bug. I haven't been itching terribly bad so I wondered how many truly set up camp on my head so tonight I took a shower and pulled out the handy dandy lice comb that is only available in India and I began brushing through my hair. Nestled in between the tight picks of the comb were several of those nasty bugs. "UGH!", I thought to myself. "I DO have lice!" Bummers. Well, I guess we all know what I will be doing tomorrow evening. Yep..thats right. De-licing my head. I have a feeling this might be the first of many de-licing parties. Anyone care to join? HAHA! I didn't think so!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard that there is a natural oil produced from a plant called Neem that lice do not like. It supposedly prevents them from taking up residence in your hair. It is from a tree that happens to grow India. They make Neem shampoo, too. I read you use a lice comb then you use the Neem shampoo and leave it on your head for 30 min. It may be worth looking into. ;)

Anonymous said...

LOL BEKS you are the only person I know who would actually be excited about getting lice. I love your attitude about life! I hope you get all those little buggers out of your hair though... u got a lot of hair to go through. Good luck!
love and miss you!
Ams

Mo said...

Oh Bekah...that sucks, but your attitude is great! The 9 months I lived in Bihar with the orphans I never got 'em once. They also had scabies and I was protected from them too. I was hoping the same would be true for you. Is it easy to find something to remove them?

Anonymous said...

hi Bekah!

Steph here.. i feel your pain..been there before, at home in the Philippines.. the handy-dandy nit combs are effective though it takes a while to get them through all your hair! :) i pray you don't have to experience that often though.. :)