Tuesday, March 25, 2008

When they smile...

Street children!

Precious old man!

A very crowded bus!

Beautiful women!


I think I decided that one of my most favorite things in India is to see an Indian smile!!
Today I was riding home from work in a taxi and there was a major traffic jam! As I looked out the window, there were many street vendors lined up along a dirty wall selling things - Fruits, vegetables, towels, etc! Also, there were many shop keepers sitting inside their shop in an indian style (no pun intended!) position watching the many passerbyers on the road as they sipped their evening tea from a little pottery cup! Out in front were a group of children! They all stood in a circle discussing something that seemed to be very important until suddenly one child yelled out "EK! DUI! TIN!" and alll of the children ran to different ends of the street while the one child ran around chasing them and tagging them it! For some reason, watching children laugh and have so much fun brought such a smile to my face! Then as I looked at all of the shopkeepers and street vendors, it appeared that they also had the very same look spread across their face as I did watching these children gleefully play together. That brought an even bigger smile to my face. I LOVE watching indians smile! My day is complete if I make a fool out of myself to the taxi driver and he smiles. My day is complete if I say something silly to one of the children at Kids Club and they smile and say, "Oh Auntie..." My day is complete if I can lay in bed at the end of the day and remember some of the smiles I encountered that day!!! I wonder how the Lord feels when we smile???

2 comments:

the James said...

I smiled. :)

Anonymous said...

What beautiful people Bekah! Your love for India and for the Lord is inspiring to us all. I love the picture of the olds man with the flower. Beautiful!!!